Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
How NASA might build its very first warp drive
A few months ago, physicist Harold White stunned the aeronautics world when he announced that he and his team at NASA had begun work on the development of a faster-than-light warp drive. His proposed design, an ingenious re-imagining of an Alcubierre Drive, may eventually result in an engine that can transport a spacecraft to the nearest star in a matter of weeks — and all without violating Einstein’s law of relativity.
HOLY SHIT WARP DRIVE IS PLAUSIBLE AGAIN
Songs I Sing At Work I Would Be Happy To Never Sing Again: A List
1. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
3. I’m a Little Teapot
4. Wheels On The Bus
5. the Swimming Pool Song
6. Row Row Your Boat
7. Pop Goes The Weasel
Monday, December 2, 2013
Climb the boxcars to the engine
Through the smoke and to the sky
Your rails have always outrun mine
So I picked them up and crashed them down
In a moment close to now
This Tornado Loves You | Neko Case
Sunday, December 1, 2013
This year, Angelina and I have decided to host Secret Santa: Hockey Edition. We thought it’d be nice to have some holiday spirit and good vibes all around the hockey blogs. First off, PLEASE do not like this post. We are using a random number generator and liking this post will only mess up with the numbers. REBLOGS only (but please first read through this entire post (◕‿◕✿)
- BE NICE (◠‿◠) , that’s the point of doing this. Don’t be that person who decides to bring someone down because no one wants an anon being rude to them.
- Try to send your person nice daily messages and try to get to know them! This is a great way to meet someone new.
- If you’re interested in art/edits/gifs/etc, then you can send your person whichever one of your choice! It doesn’t have to be amazing or anything, it’s the effort and thought that counts! Don’t be discouraged if you don’t think it looks good, because it’ll mean a lot to the person knowing that you put in the effort into making something great for them. (You can submit things anon by logging out of tumblr and going to their submit page which would be url.com/submit)
- And so, please have your submission box open! In case that your person does decide to send you things :) (you can open it by going to settings, click on your blog on the left, and scroll down to submissions)
- Reveal yourself on Dec. 25th!
REBLOG by Dec. 14 (11:59 PST at the latest!) (we may move this deadline earlier if there aren’t many people who reblog this)
Have fun with this! And share the good spirited holiday vibes
✧･ﾟ:*✧･ﾟ:* \(◕‿◕✿)/ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Well, I awoke in relief.
My sheets and tubes were all tangled weak from whiskey and pills,
in a Chicago hospital.
And my father was there, in a chair, by the window, staring so far away.
I tried talking, just whispered, “…so sorry…so selfish…”
He stopped me and said, “Child I love you regardless
and there’s nothing you could do that would ever change this.
I’m not angry. It happens. But you just can’t do it again.”
I am afraid of getting older. I am afraid of getting married. Spare me from cooking three meals a day—spare me from the relentless cage of routine and rote. I want to be free… I want, I want to think, to be omniscient.
Sylvia Plath written in 1949 at age 17. (via toostoked)